Wednesday, December 24, 2008

When I Am Me

I just realised that my last update was SIX months ago! And just now, signing in on blogger I'd forgotten my username and password. Says it all.
I'm alive and doing well, as well as the mother of a teething Tyke should be doing, for those 0.00001 occasional reader(s) who still harbor hopes of some new material on this blog...
The thing is, my life has become so mundane and mommy-like that blog as I would want to about it, I have second thoughts, I mean why would anyone be interested in Tyke's doings and cooings that my life is all about now? I can't talk if there is no audience, there is no one to listen to. Also I can't repeat my stories, so I've told Abu Tyke all that Tyke has done in the day, for me, the story's been told and even a passing mention here would be a repetition and oh sooo not me.
But there should be something in my life....anything...taking stock...no, there is nothing.
I still manage to give vent to my crazy verbosity cuz an old friend talked me into a monthly column out of me for her magazine...and poor thing has to yank her hair out every month as copy closing time approaches cuz I am usually AWOL. When I finally promise her to send her the article by the evening or next day (or two days later) and sit down, I amaze myself by the drivel I'm still capable of creating...inanities just shoot off my fingers and materialise before my eyes into a 900 word piece of fantasy that's sheer genius. So I'm me post Tyke...l but it comes out in te time of need, like Clark Kent/SuperMan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can relate. I did that for 18 years while doing homework or preparing a report for a professor. I like the Clark Kent/Superman angle, though. May I change it to Bruce Wayne/Batman for myself?

Anonymous said...

... and here I am, doing the Peter Parker/Spiderman thingy, when he was having self doubts and kept falling off great heights until he decided to take the elevator down.

Sometimes, I write out a long email and surprise myself with the inanities I can subject the poor addressee to, but an email is an email not a blog.

So you, missy, are doing infinitely better than yours truly, and here's celebrating that as well as a post we have been waiting for six months.

Now, lets bring it down to a post within every six days... for starters. :)

Anonymous said...

She is alive...

Mum2D said...

*Sigh* I can relate O... I can very well understand... oh and yeah I do read your posts. And... I've forgot the password and username to my blog too!:p
It is a good thing you are still you... I lost myself... and I don't even have the time to find myself...depressing, I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

You are tagged.

Md Waqqas said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing this post about the need to invest in . This amazing post impressed me a lot in my work and I also got some useful ideas from this post.
Thank you very much again



Urdu Mark

blogger templates | Make Money Online